Temporary Health Insurance
Accidents happen in life. When an accident involves the health of you or your family, the costs can be financially and emotionally staggering. Being without insurance, even for a short time, is not worth the potentially life-altering risk.
Is temporary health insurance right for you?
- Are you between jobs?
- Are you a recent college graduate transitioning into the workforce?
- Are you working for a company that doesn’t offer insurance?
- Did you start a new job that has a waiting period before benefits begin?
Our private exchange offers a variety of affordable short-term medical insurance plans from the nation's leading insurance companies. Our licensed insurance consultants can help you research and compare a variety of short-term medical insurance options to help you make the best coverage decisions.
Please Read Carefully
For Temporary (Short Term) Health Insurance, some conditions may result in you or a family member being ineligible. During the enrollment process, you will be asked if any of the following apply:
- You or any family member (whether or not named in this application) is an expectant mother or father, in the process of adopting a child or undergoing infertility treatments.
- You or anyone listed for coverage been declined for insurance due to health reasons.
- You or any person named on application lived in the 50 states of the USA or the District of Columbia for less than the past 12 months.
- You or any person named on the application now have hospital or medical expense insurance that will not terminate prior to the requested effective date.
- Within the last 5 years you or anyone listed on the application received medical or surgical consultation advice or treatment including medication for any of the following- liver disorders kidney disorders chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (CoPd) or emphysema diabetes cancer heart or circulatory system disorders (excluding high blood pressure) Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis or alcohol or drug abuse.
- Any applicant (a) tested positive for exposure to the HIV infection in a test performed by a doctor or other licensed clinical professional (b) been diagnosed by a doctor or other licensed clinical professional as having Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) caused by HIV infection (c) been diagnosed by a doctor or other licensed clinical professional as having any other sickness or condition derived from an HIV infection.
- Dependent will have other health insurance in force on the policy effective date or be eligible for.
- Over 300 pounds if male or over 250 pounds if female.
*Note that short-term health insurance is not considered minimum essential coverage under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), and you may be subject to the tax penalty if you do not maintain appropriate coverage.